Friday, June 13, 2008

Doesn't this horse look good in our pasture??? We really need a horse!
Last night we had a little excitement. After dinner, I was outside playing with the kids, and my neighbor (you know, the one with the great garden) yells over to me. She needed Chris's help herding her cows that all got out of the fence. I'm sure Chris would have preferred it if I had told her he was out of the country or some other believable story, because it was almost 7:00 and for the next 3 hours, he, along with our other neighbor, helped herd these uncooperative cows.
In the middle of all this excitement, he comes walking over with Buddy, the neighbor's horse. Bella's eyes got as big as saucers and she started laughing nervously. It was so precious. She was soooo excited, thinking we were getting Buddy! Of course, Chris was only bringing him over because he was hindering the cow herding. Poor Bella. She was pretty disappointed when I told her we weren't keeping him. Big Head, on the other hand, wasn't too crazy about having him over. Big Head can be a little jealous sometimes. : )

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Alyssa has been asking for a horse for a couple of years now. Of course we couldn't have one where we live.
You guys do need one. Your farm will be complete.

Lisa H said...

He DOES look good in your pasture! :) I'm sure Henry would agree too!

Poor Chris--three hours? Those must have been some stubborn cows, I tell you!