The kids have been wanting a pool so badly, so I finally bought one... a very, very small one... but they don't care. They're just happy to have something to splash around in. It's about the size of a jacuzzi! I bought it Tuesday afternoon, and by the time we got home and got it all set up and filled up, it was already dark outside. They were a little bummed.... but soooo excited that we had a pool!
So, Wednesday morning, they still weren't able to get in the pool, since Lisa had invited us to go swimming at the Teen Mania pool. Bella and Ian weren't upset, though, because 1) they were still getting to go swim, and 2) they were getting to hang out with Henry and Jo! Well, the kids had a blast. And it's such a pretty pool! We had a lot of fun. What a beautiful place that is out there!

Look at my little tan man!!
A few of Bella's friends already swim under water, and she has really been itching to try it. But even at Teen Mania, she would not even attempt putting her face in! On the ride home, however, Bella told me that she was going to swim under water as soon as we got home (I guess seeing Henry do it really made an impression)! I told her I thought that would be great, not thinking she would actually go through with it. As soon as we got in that tiny pool, she put her goggles on and put her face in. Within a half hour, that girl was swimming completely UNDER WATER!!! I was floored!!! My BRILLIANT, BRAVE daughter!!!! I am so proud!!!! 
I have not been able to get either one of them out of the water since we got the pool! They never want to get out!

I never got any initial pictures of Bella swimming under water... only video. But these are from a couple of days later. The water is already pretty yucky, so, this morning, I drained and scrubbed the pool (fun)!

We'll be out of pocket for the next couple of days, but not to worry... Bella will get her swimming fix since we'll be at the lake!

1 comment:
What fun! I'm so proud of Bella for being brave enough to try swimming with her face in the water!
What a couple of cuties. We can't wait to come over and try out the new pool! :)
Post a Comment