Friday, July 4, 2008

Hooray for Ian!!

YAY! IAN DID IT!!! Thursday morning, he told me he was going to swim under water.... and HE DID!! He went out there, put on the goggles, cautiously put his face in a couple of times, and within 15 minutes, he was swimming under water!!! What a kid!!! I am so proud of my little man!!!
I figured he might not be ready until he was a little older, like Bella. But I guess seeing her do it made him feel more confident. He pretty much is always willing to try anything, even when he's afraid. I tell him that's what makes him brave. He likes to be brave. :) Swim lessons are going to be so much easier now that they're not afraid to go under the water.
How is it that they're terrified one day, then the next, it's like they're old pros?! I'm so proud of my kiddos.... they amaze me every day with their courage, their creativeness, and their loving hearts!! What a couple of COOL kids I have!!!

Change of Subject:

Woo Hoo!! Chris and I finally had a date....






... with chaperones!
We had a gift card to our favorite restaurant (Outback) and finally had an opportunity to use it! It was delish!

When we got home, Ian wanted to jump in the pool again to show Chris how he can swim under water! He was so proud of himself!!
The End.

1 comment:

Lisa H said...

Way to go, Ian! That is really great! :)

How nice that you got to have a nice dinner at Outback too! Very fun.