Monday, July 14, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes...

Bella, 3-1/2 -

"Mommy, can I reach a star? Can I reach one and get it for you, because I love you."

Bella: Mommy, where does Walmart come from?
Me: Well, a man named Mr. Walton built it.
Bella: Oh. What does his hair look like?
Me: I'm not sure.
Bella: Well, we need to see him so I can see what his hair looks like!

"I don't want to build a new house. Robert Dinero can have the new house."

"Mommy, I don't want Ian to take a bath with me. I need my lonely time, like you need your lonely time when you take a bath!"

Ian, 2-1/2 -

"I want to go to work with Daddy and shoot bad guys!"

"Mommy, I love your heart."

Bella, 4-1/2 -

To Ian: "Maybe when you grow up I'll let you marry me. But you'll grow up in 30 minutes."

"Mommy, give me your tears. I'm going to put them in my pocket and save them for later."

Ian, 3 -

(He discovered his testicles in the tub one night)
Ian: Mommy, what are these?
Me: They're your testicles
Ian: They're like little... eggs. I hope they don't break!
(I assured him they wouldn't)
Ian: If they do break, we'll just buy some more.

Ian, 4 -

"Mommy, I'm going to buy you a diamond ring. Will you get my piggy pank so I can see how much money I have?"

We were watching Enchanted and Ian says, "Mommy, this movie makes me think about marrying you."

"I have a good thinkin' brain!"

Thinking I was sleeping, Ian climbed into bed with me early one morning, snuggled up, laid his head on my chest, and whispered, "You're in my heart." (then he fell back to sleep while I cried! :)

"Can I please excuse the table?" (We're working on having better table manners)

Bella, 5-1/2 -

(Chris was putting deordorant on) "Boy, you've got lots of hair under your arms. Why don't you shave that off?"

"Mommy, when I'm old enough and Daddy has a lot of money, I'm going to buy you another jeep."

Bella: Do I have a baby in my tummy?
Me: I sure hope not.
Bella: But I already married Henry!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh My Gosh!!!!! The testicle one was so funny. I had to call in Patrick to read it.

They are all cute. Its amazing what are little ones say.

Andrea said...

'OUR' little ones.

You'd think I would've learned.