Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of School

My sweet baby girl started kindergarten yesterday. I was a basket case.
She was just so excited and couldn't wait to get there. She picked out her clothes the night before and helped me pack her lunch. Chris took the morning off to share in the momentous occasion. (I think he really just wanted to see if I would break down in uncontrollable sobs).
Bella couldn't have been more assured. I thought she'd be a little overwhelmed, but if she was, it didn't show. She couldn't wait to get in her classroom and get started! And I did extremely well, considering I thought I'd be a complete mess throughout the entire ordeal. I didn't shed one tear in front of her!

Afterward, the parents (mostly moms) gathered in the library for the BooHoo Yahoo. They served donuts and juice and the principal and school counselor spoke. Everyone was holding it together really well until the principal started crying. Then most of us lost it. And there were A LOT of people in there!
Ian had some donuts at the sob-fest
When I picked her up after school, she told me how much fun she had and how she had made a couple of friends. At bedtime, she told me she wished she was already asleep because she couldn't wait to go back to school! I'm so relieved and happy she loves it!!! But I'm really sad that my sweet pea is growing up. Things will never be the way they were again. I know that's supposed to be a good thing, but I don't like it one bit!

Ian and I had a really fun day together! He's been wanting "pointy hair" like Daddy's, so I bought some spiking gel and we fixed it up! We also did a mohawk, but I didn't get a picture of that!

Here's Day 2. Do you think they're trying to tell me something through those clenched teeth?? ;)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

It is hard knowing that things will never be the same.

It is fun seeing you guys everyday though. Last year I never had anyone to talk too.

Alisa said...

I LOVE these pictures!