
We spent the day in the ER with him, just to be sent home in the same condition he arrived in.
Poor little guy, he's been sick since Thursday with diarrhea and vomiting. He wasn't getting any better, so, I brought him to his pediatrician Monday morning. She didn't have any answers, so, she sent me home with some "tools" and instructions...
Sooooo, I had the lovely task of taking a "sample" and bringing it back to her office later that day. This morning, Ian was still pretty bad off and had developed stomach pains that were so bad he was waking up crying every time he'd fall asleep. I called his doctor and they told me his labs had so far come back negative and that I should bring him to the ER. Not something a mom wants to hear.
Needless to say, we came home this afternoon with a couple of prescriptions (for pain and nausea) and not much else. The doctor told us that Ian could be sick like this for at least 2 weeks. TWO WEEKS. And that kids can go 2 weeks without food, as long as they get plenty of fluids. Never heard anything like THAT before! My poor baby has lost so much weight, and he's so lethargic, and I've had to put him in pull-ups because he keeps having accidents.
I'm just at my wit's end. I feel so badly for my sweet boy. And none of us has gotten a lot of sleep the last few nights since he's up all night in the bathroom. I just want him to feel better.
And I'm saying lots of prayers that Isabella doesn't catch whatever it is that he has.

1 comment:
Oh, Yuck, I'm sorry to hear that... I hope things are getting better for him!
Post a Comment